POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred apophysis meets traced cylinders : Re: Blurred apophysis meets traced cylinders Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred apophysis meets traced cylinders
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 7 Mar 2009 05:35:00
Message: <web.49b24ca8202941c22611931b0@news.povray.org>
"[GDS|Entropy]" <gds### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Man thats pretty cool!
> Fractal Explorer (which you can program fractals in, using formula parser)
> and chaoscope are both very good as well. http://www.chaoscope.org/
> http://www.eclectasy.com/Fractal-Explorer/
>
> Hmm...that makes me want to try your method on some fractals of my own.
>
> ian

Thanks! Chaoscope is really great, I especially like the ability to rotate the
fractals. Made me understand a lot more how they're created.

"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> Looks very good. Should work with any apophysis image of course (I love that
> program), but there should be a kind of coincidence.
>
> Thomas

It also works rather well with tiled textures which are of somewhat low
resolution. But it's not always that easy to find the best axis to blur on.

nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Beautiful

Thank you very much!

"Carlo C." <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Thanks for the source!
> :-)

You're welcome, I hope it's useful for you.
Be aware that the code for the non-intersecting cylinders can intersect in some
rare cases, so it's not entirely bulletproof.

"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> Here is one.
>
> Thomas

Wow, that looks really nice!
I've been trying to add such a colorful background myself, but have failed
miserably. It would be interesting to see your scene with a more glasslike
texture.
Just an quick example with glass.inc, which works for my background:

global_settings{max_trace_level 20}

#include "glass.inc"
object{OBJ
        texture{
                pigment {rgbf 1}
                finish{F_Glass2}
        }
        interior{I_Glass2}
}

Have a nice weekend, and thanks for all the comments everyone!

-Peter